Thursday, September 28, 2017

My supposedly-announced-NEW-PEN-from-previous-blogpost... Its the Olympus PEN E-PL7

Yea,
I was supposed to announced my newly acquired PEN as i have said in my previous blogpost, that was weeks ago, but life happen so i got busy and did not update this blog as much as i could have... but nobody cares or read anyway...except for one guy 😉
So yea, i got meself a new PEN, the Olympus PEN E-PL7!


I got it when i was in Bangkok....
And it was quite an adventure you see...

While i was in Bangkok, i looked for a used olympus buy and sell group page on Facebook, of course ones located in Thailand, and most of the stuffs they sell is quite cheap compare to ebay.... so while im there, why not buy used?! I just got an E-P2 but it wasnt as expected...i am never satisfied with that camera, the IQ is good but the low resolution of the LCD screen is a deal breaker for me...and combine with the slow lumix 20mm 1.7 lens, the performance is left to be desired... so i look for a new used PEN!

At first i was looking at E-PL5, i want a small camera, so i was looking at the lite and the mini series, in the end i found E-PL7s sells for cheap... of course everything is in squiggly thai fonts...i have to rely on google translate for most of the description....and i thought everyone in Thailand can read or speak english...i was such a fool.... i was txting them in english and boy do i got a reply? nobody answered me....even a direct message to the seller left me hanging..... fucked! But I must get one of the deals here, its a good bargain!

This is just one of the seller's post and i had to endure with google translation.
I dunno...this PEN E-PL7 comes with prostitute??
lets make an appointment with the wind???...
and then you CONTACT THE BANANA???
She never replied my text though...
This is what i had to endure for every post...but thanks for trying google..

So i scroll again looking for sellers who sells the EPL7 for cheap and i found one seller who happens to have a shop at Bangkapi Mall or so i thought......

Oh they got a shop at Mall Bangkapi...thats pretty easy right?
Just go there and look for the shop and just buy....
The Mall is actually pretty far but i believe it will be worth it...

I'm around MBK center, and its around 40-50mins plus traffic to reach Mall BAngkapi....all this for the PEN E-PL7.

And when i reached the Mall Bangkapi, i somehow got a feeling that the shop is not in the mall...so i asked the concierge she also said its not in the mall, its somewhere the street outside.... so i check their FB page and THANKS TO YOU FACEBOOK DIRECTION it leads me to Soi Lat Phrao 146 as shown above.... hmm ok... it probably only 10mins walk, so i walk from Mall Bangkapi and went to Soi Lat Phrao, hoping to find the camera shop there, so i walked through the alley, theres some guy at the entrance, he kinda blocked the entrance, speaking in thai, just broadcasting to everyone passing by but i just enter follow the girl infront of me, and just walk in, looking for the shop,.... theres some kind of funeral going on, and all these thai ppl speak loudly, i dunno if there are arguing or just having a good story, its actually a good photo opportunity but i didnt have the balls to take it because it look kinda private and i might get in trouble.... This Bangkapi area is different from the city center, theres no tourist here, nobody speaks english here, lucky i look like thai myself, they probably dont give a fuck, i m probably in trouble if im a farang..... i even enter a supposedly locked gate, it was wide open, i enter n then all these thais kids and some older thais as well give me a look, i realised im not suppose to enter there and its some kind of a restricted area, so i turn back and make my way out of the alley, it was kinda nerve wrecking, i dont speak thai, no one speak english here, no tourist.... and no camera shop to be seen.....might get in trouble....but luckily nothing happen.....and all these for Olympus PEN E-PL7.... so FACEBOOK just gave me BAD direction as Jackie Chan said, NO, they gave me WRONG Direction.... in the expense of my life ....

So i checked the facebook page again, depending everything on Google translate, it still gives me the same direction as before....i kept walking forward just in case the shop is nearby but none....... after much looking and searching in FB, i found some kind of address, 624 Condolette Lad Phrao, i googled it, its not even a shop its only some sort of CONDO.... Oh man, i guess im lost, i couldnt find the shop....FB/Google probably gave me wrong information here..... but since im here might as well check out the CONDO for the last time before i raise the white flag of surrender.....

its another 5 -8 mins walk since im already halfway, so i make my way to the condo....

These area is pretty quiet for Bangkok, check that out, less cars!! OMG...even more nerve wrecking....

 Finally here, when i saw it, there's only some kind of Sushi shop at the ground floor, theres a security guard at the entrance, just walk pass them, and no one stop me or anything...

The only obvious shop is the Sushi shop, i didnt even see the camera shop next to it!! I FINALLY FOUND THE SHOP!!!!!!!

Nice people!!!
The girl at the counter is HOT!
They speak little english, and they were kind of surprise to see me there, a non thai....
The guy was funny, he didnt speak english at all but he spoke to me in Thai as if i can understand him...the girls were giggling looking at us, like duck and chicken talking!

All these for my new Olympus PEN E-PL7.
It was a good adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment